Rockstar Games have made good on their promise and officially dropped the release date and package details for the next bit of DLC for Red Dead Redemption. This one will release for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and it is completely free.
According to Rockstar, the DLC is their “token of appreciation for all the amazing Red Dead fans out there…” The company will release the pack on September 13th and will promptly turn on extra XP for us to score.
Here’s the full list of added maps, modes and characters.
Maps/Modes (bolded locations are brand new to multiplayer)
- Cochinay – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout, Stronghold
- Nekoti Rock – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- El Presidio – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Plainview – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Gaptooth Mine – Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Pike’s Basin – Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Perdido – Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Benedict Point – Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Beecher’s Hope – Stronghold
- Torquemada – Stronghold
- Armadillo – Stronghold
- Chuparosa – Stronghold
- Rio Bravo – Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Tumbleweed – Stronghold
New Multiplayer Characters
- Landon Ricketts
- Vicente DeSanta
- Drew MacFarlane
- Deputy Eli
- Deputy Jonah
- Javier Esquella
Obviously, this is a multiplayer only package. So, if you’ve been looking to spur up solo, then this free pack probably won’t tickle your fancy too much. Still, it’s free, quit yer belly achin’!
I’ve been dying for a reason to mount up and ride these last few months. Sure, I would have loved some new animals to hunt, but 10 new areas in multiplayer objective games will suit me just fine.
Anyone other Red Dead Redemption fans picking this one up?