for the Now network, a phone that has sold millions of units around the wold so far.
The biggest surprise is the screen coming n at 4.52-inches compared to the previous 4.27-inches that had been seen overseas. Sprint appears to have gone all out with this phone, cramming every piece of technology into it that it could.
“Sprint is proud to build on the success of the first Galaxy S product, Samsung Epic 4G, with the first U.S. device in the next generation of Samsung’s award-winning Galaxy S lineup, Epic 4G Touch,” said Fared Adib, vice president–Product Development, Sprint. “Epic 4G Touch is a powerful smartphone that delivers vibrant and exciting content at lightning fast speeds. This device is ultra-thin yet ultra-powerful with a screen that rivals anything else in the industry.”
You’ll be able to pick one up on September 16 for $199.99 with a two-year agreement.
Smasung Epic 4G Touch Tech Specs
- Dual-mode 3G/4G device
- Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Super AMOLED Plus 4.52-inch touchscreen
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches x 5.1 inches x 0.38 inches (LxWxT)
- Weight: 4.55 ounces
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks
- Visual Voicemail
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a capable
- 8MP, rear-facing camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots HD video 1080p HD high profile
- 2MP, front facing camera ideal for self-portraits or video chat
- Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Technology 3.0
- 1800 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Voice Talk allows users to give their Epic 4G Touch voice commands, including voice dial, text message, navigation, music, Web browsing and search
- Task Manager enables users to view and close the applications they have active and any items that have been downloaded and to check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget
- Screen capture feature allows users to easily take a screen grab of the phone screen by pressing the power button and the home key simultaneously
- Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface provides superior multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience
- Samsung Media Hub features thousands of new releases and top-grossing titles from major Hollywood studios and leading TV networks, including NBC Universal, Paramount, MTV, Warner Bros., CBS and FOX.
- Samsung Social Hub allows users to transfer email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, into “Feeds” and “Messages” folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into comprehensive lists.
- Sprint applications, including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies®, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile