Now that Motorola has gotten that whole getting acquired by Google announcement out of the way, its time to get back to announcing handsets – starting with the new Motorola Defy+.
The followup to the original Defy is the company’s latest “life proof” smartphone, designed to be water resistant, dust proof and scratch proof. The phone comes sporting a 1GHz processor running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, has a 3.7-inch touchscreen display, 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2GB of internal memory with microSD expansion support up to 32GB.
“Motorola DEFY+, our latest life proof smartphone, delivers the endurance and design strength to keep up with even the most demanding lifestyles, along with the social and entertainment capabilities that put friends and fun in easy reach,” said Alain Mutricy, senior vice president, portfolio and device product management, Motorola Mobility. “We designed Motorola DEFY+ with all the smartphone features you need for a demanding lifestyle.”
Motorola Defy+ Key Features and Specifications
- Powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and features more than 250,000 apps from Android Market™
- 1GHz processor that runs 25 percent faster for efficient Web browsing and multitasking
- Water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof to withstand all that life throws your way
- Features scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- 3.7-inch high-resolution touch screen display
- Music Player connects you to all your favorite artists
- MOTOBLUR lets users stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media accounts and live widgets directly from the home screen
- Motorola Media Link allows users to sync their media content from their desktops at home or work
- Loaded with the ability to create group emails and communication to stay in touch with friends
- Adobe Flash Player 10 for uncompromised viewing of applications, content and videos
- 5MP camera with auto focus, flash and digital zoom
- 2GB internal; *2GB microSD card in box, expandable up to 32GB
- Access to Google™ Apps (Google Maps™ 5.0 with Navigation, Google Talk™, Browsing)
- 1700mAH battery for 7.1 hours of talk time and 16 days in standby
The Defy+ is expected to be available in Asia, Europe, and Latin America in early Fall.