PlayStation.Blog has gone and made fans of Team Ico and their work extremely happy today. The site has revealed the bonus content exclusive to the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection due for the PlayStation 3 in the States on September 27th. More than that, head to the blog post to see the full list of Trophies for each game in the collection.
Die-hards take note: from every game disc sold, players will have access to five bonus videos dealing with behind-the-scenes footage, interviews and content not scene elsewhere. Here’s the rundown:
- Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
- Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
- Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
- Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)
My favorite bit comes next. Team Ico and Sony have been relatively quiet about The Last Guardian ever since its reveal. The game has been making news in Japan, but the rest of the world hasn’t been too privy to what this new (hopefully) masterwork has to offer. In light of that, the fifth video on the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection:
- And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian
This is the part where any fan of either Shadow of the Colossus or ICO would be piping up and imploring you to take advantage of this new HD collection. Well, here goes. Take advantage of the collection when it comes out in September. Both games together, made HD and sold for $40. You can’t beat that.