Huawei today announced a new 3D phone called the Huawei Vision. While 3D on phones isn’t for everyone, the overall design looks pretty nice, and the 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with Gingerbread may be pretty sweet. Yes, it’s single-core, but it should still run pretty smoothly.
The information says that it will have a skin with 3D panes for ease of swiping, but hopefully you’ll be able to turn off the technology as no one really seems to care to bring their smartphone experience into the third dimension.
Huawei Vision Tech Specs
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 3.7-inch capacitive touchscreen
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 9.9mm at its thinnest point and weighs 121g.
- 5MP camera with auto focus and LED flash
- 720p video recording
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3D interface that includes 3D panels to make navigating the phone possible by swiping
- Pre-installed games include: Angry Birds, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Order & Chaos Online, Guerilla Bob HD
“We are very excited to present Vision, the smartphone which strikes the perfect balance between technology and style,” said Victor Xu, chief marketing officer of Huawei Device. “The unique 3D user interface heralds in a new era in Huawei’s leadership, as we continue to create devices that enhance the user experience through stylish design and smart functionality.”
If you’re interested in the Huawei Vision, we do have the unfortunate job of telling you that all we know about its release thus far is that it will be available in “select markets” in Sept. We have no word yet on countries or carriers.
Do you have any interest in the Huawei Vision?