We first heard rumors the Samsung Galaxy S II was headed Sprint a few weeks ago. Now Boy Genius Report has learned that Sprint will indeed be getting the handset, launching the Sprint model as the “Samsung Epic Touch 4G.”
BGR’s sources claim the Gingerbread handset will be launching in September, will have 4G WiMAX connectivity, and will lack the QWERTY keyboard found on the original Epic 4G.
Pictures of the Sprint-branded Galaxy S II surfaced on the web mid-July. Samsung sold an astounding 5 million of the handsets in its first 85 days on the market, with none of those sales taking place in the U.S.
Need a spec refresher?
Samsung Galaxy S II Tech Specs
- 4.27” WVGA super AMOLED Plus screen (800 x 480)
- 1.2GHz Dual Core CPU
- 8.49mm thick
- Android Gingerbread with TouchWiz 4.0
- HSPA+ connectivity
- 8 megapixel rear camera
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Full HD 1080P video at 30fps
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of Internal Memory
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS
- Wi-Fi Direct for connectivity to Wi-Fi enable computers for communication
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Senor and Light Sensor
- Support for MP4, 3GP, DivX, XviD and Streaming video.
If the rumors are true, who will be picking one these up next month?
[via Boy Genius Report]