Formally known as the HTC ChaCha, the Status received the name change due to it being the first phone with a dedicated Facebook button. It is exclusive to the AT&T network and will sell for $49.99 with a two-year agreement. Best Buy will be offering it in an exclusive color, so if the white & silver color scheme isn’t your thing, there will be another option.
The whole purpose of the Status is to weave Facebook into everything you do on your phone. For instance, when someone calls, you can hit the button and see their latest status update, get a reminder if their birthday is coming up and so on. You can also monitor your newsfeed, post status updates and basically build your entire telephone experience around the popular social network.
Currently you can only order it on the AT&T site, but it will be in the stores on July 17th so you can check it out in person if need be.
Here’s a reminder on the specs.
HTC Status Specs
- Platform: Android 2.3 + HTC Sense
- Display: 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
- Processor: MSM7227, 800 MHz
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 1250 mAh
- Camera resolution: 5 MP main camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera
Do you have any interest in the HTC Status?