AT&T announced the Pantech Pursuit II today. Using the Brew mobile platform, this quick messaging device will sell for $49.99 after mail-in rebates when it launches on July 17th. The pocket-friendly device will come in either pink or green and is designed for people who want feature rich messaging with a few other features thrown in. And I don’t care what anyone says, I still think physical QWERTY keyboards rock, but that may be my age.
Certainly not a phone for heavy mobile users, but if you have a texting-addicted teenager at home, you can’t really beat the price. And if they break it, it won’t hurt quite as bad when you have to replace it.
Pantech Pursuit II Tech Specs
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- UMTS and HSDPA 850/1900
- 2.8” touchscreen display with 240 x 320 (QVGA) resolution
- Brew MP 1.0.2
- Full QWERTY keyboard slider
- QSC 6270 ARM9/230MHz processor
- Expandable memory up to 32GB with addition of microSD card
- 3.98” (L) x 2.40” (W) x 0.59” (D), Weight: 4.48 oz.
- 2.0 MP digital camera with camcorder, fixed focus, 4X digital zoom
- Up to 3 hours talk time, 250 hours standby time
Is there anyone in your home that would be well serviced by a phone like this?