In what might be the industry’s worst-kept secret, the HTC Trophy — which has been spotted on Xbox 360 screens as well as BestBuy.com last week — is finally getting ready for its debut on Verizon Wireless. The carrier has officially announced that the Windows Phone 7 device — its first — is launching next week.
The 3G device will land on its website May 26, with in-store availability following on June 2, at a price of $149.99 (with $50 mail-in rebate and two-year contract).
Not only does the Trophy work with Xbox LIVE, so gamers can hit up their data or play turn-based games, but consumers who purchase the device by July 15 get Halo: Reach, Kinect Sports or Lode Runner for their Xbox 360 absolutely free.
Other features include:
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor
- WVGA 3.8″ touchscreen
- 5MP camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 720p vid recording
- 16 GB storage
Anyone picking this up? Or will you hold off until the QWERTYlicious HTC 7 Pro arrives at the carrier?
HTC TROPHY™ BRINGS WINDOWS PHONE 7 TO VERIZON WIRELESS
Combine Business and Play with a Smartphone That Lets Customers Do What They Love
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – HTC Trophy™ is the first Windows Phone 7 device to come to Verizon Wireless, bringing a new dimension of gaming and entertainment to the nation’s most reliable 3G network.
Windows Phone is the only phone that lets you play games with Xbox LIVE. Customers can sync directly with Xbox LIVE mobile to access their avatar, profile and gamer score to keep track of their wins. HTC Trophy also allows consumers to play by themselves or challenge friends in turn-based games. In addition to the many mobile gaming features, customers who buy an HTC Trophy before July 15 get a free Xbox 360 console game. Game enthusiasts can choose from Halo: Reach, Kinect Sports and Lode Runner – up to $60 value.
HTC Trophy features the Music + Video Hub, giving customers quick access to music and movies on their device. Customers can stream or download millions of songs with a Zune Pass subscription and access over 15,000 quality apps and games in Windows Phone Marketplace through the Marketplace Hub.
· 1 GHz Snapdragon® processor
· WVGA 3.8-inch touchscreen
· Surround sound through SRS WOW HD™
· 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
· 720p HD video capture
· 16 GB on-board storage
· Wi-Fi connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n
· Global ready – allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, with more than 125 with 3G speeds
· HTC Hub-customization through downloadable applications that offer even more entertainment and productivity
· View and edit Microsoft Office® documents, including Excel®, Word® and PowerPoint® with the Office Hub and data access on SharePoint® servers
Pricing and availability:
· HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· HTC Trophy customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.
· Verizon Wireless customers traveling outside of the United States should contact Verizon Wireless’ global customer support team at 1-800-922-0204 before embarking on their trip to ensure their phones have the right features for global usage.
For more information about Windows Phone, visit www.windowsphone.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.