We heard the rumors last week, and now Motorola has made it official – the Droid X2 will be available starting tomorrow (May 19th). Basic spec-wise the handset will come running Android 2.2 (updated later to 2.3)have a dual-core 1GHz processor, 4.3” qHD display, and 8-megapixel rear-facing camera.
Additional features from Motorola’s press release include:
- Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
- Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
The Motorola Droid X2 is available starting tomorrow for $1.99 with a new 2-year contract from Verizon’s website, with handsets arriving in stores on May 26th.
What do you think? Anyone going to order one of these tomorrow?