“PSN Restoration Begins Now.” Sony has begun slowly restoring the PlayStation Network. In blog post today the company announced it would be slowly begin restoring the service which has been off since April 20. Services will be restored in phases, and country by country. The first phase begins in the Americans, followed by Europe. Services in the US are being rolled out state by state. You can check out whether the PSN has been restored in your area on Sony’s roll-out map here (green means go).
Once the update reaches your area you’ll have:
- Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
- Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
- Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
- Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
- ‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
- PlayStation Home
Check out the official announcement below in video form from Kazuo Hirai:
Has the PSN Network been restored in your area? Are any of you not going to return to the service after its security issues?