If you pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S II — you’re not alone. Samsung claims it had received 3 million worldwide pre-orders for the handset by the end of April. The handset is currently only available in South Korea and the UK; however, it is expected to be released in over 120 different countries on over 140 different mobile carriers when all is said and done.
The Galaxy S II was originally announced at Mobile World Congress in February. The Galaxy S II is super-thin at only 8.49mm thick, and is one of the fastest smartphones released to date.
Samsung Galaxy S II Tech Specs
- 4.27” WVGA super AMOLED Plus screen (800 x 480)
- 1.2GHz Dual Core Snapdragon CPU
- 8.49mm thick
- Android Gingerbread with TouchWiz 4.0
- HSPA+ connectivity
- 8 megapixel rear camera
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Full HD 1080P video at 30fps
- 512MB of RAM
- 16GB of Internal Memory
- Bluetooth 3.0+HS
- Wi-Fi Direct for connectivity to Wi-Fi enable computers for communication
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Senor and Light Sensor
- Support for MP4, 3GP, DivX, XviD and Streaming video.
What do you think about so many people ordering the handset? Are you impressed by the Samsung Galaxy S II, or are you holding out for another handset to hit the market?