The HTC ThunderBolt is coming to Verizon Wireless on March 17. The ThunderBolt will be the first LTE handset on the network, and will be available for $249.99 with a two-year contract when it is released on Thursday.
Last week Verizon sent out a flyer that listed ThunderBolt as “Available Now.” At the time a release date for the device hadn’t been announced.
So what’s the big deal about the HTC ThunderBolt?
The most important thing about the handset is that it is the first LTE handset on the network. LTE can reportedly get 12 Mbps down and 5Mbps, super fast for a phone. If you shell out an extra $20 a month to Verizon, then you can also share that fast connection with up to eight other devices.
Other ThunderBolt specs include:
- 4.3″ WVGA display
- 8- megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording
- 1.3- megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities
- Newest generation of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor
- 8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card (Actual formatted capacity will be less)
- Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
- Dolby and SRS surround sound
- Fully integrated Skype mobile experience
- Will support simultaneous voice and data over 4G
Are any of you planning on picking up a ThunderBolt on Thursday?