. Why should I need to decide which piece of content is worth my attention?
It really drives me nuts when these things aren’t available in any way aside from shopping at a specific store. If I love a game enough, I find myself striving towards 100% completion. Odds are, if I pre-order a game I intend to love it enough to attain that completionist perspective. But here I stand, wanting to have every piece of L.A. Noire available; if I want to see, have and do everything possible in the game, I have to pre-order and purchase the title from four different outlets.
I get the need to drive sales through exclusivity. But on a certain, terribly childish level, I hate being forced to pick and choose which store should get my money based on the goods they offer.
Joystiq was kind enough to reprint the details, so feast your peepers on these pre-order bonus specs:
- Amazon: “The Broderick” Detective Suit boosts your fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage. Throughout L.A. Noire while working cases, you’ll encounter quite a few suspects and persons of interest who prove to be resistant to arrest. Your hand-to-hand fighting skills will be called into action on these cases – the Broderick suit with its enhanced fighting abilities may be that edge in helping make that collar.
- Best Buy: “The Sharpshooter” Detective Suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols. Always a worst case scenario for any detective working a case, there are of course those occasions for Cole Phelps when pursuing a suspect escalates to gunfire. In these tense shootouts, the Sharpshooter suit provides that extra aiming precision to take the criminal down.
- GameStop: ‘The Naked City’ Vice Case — In this bonus case from L.A. Noire’s Vice Desk, detective Cole Phelps investigates the supposed suicide of a stunning fashion model. Can you help Cole unravel the truth in a city blighted by drugs, corruption and greed, where the death of a beautiful woman is never as straightforward as it seems?; The Badge Pursuit Challenge — Hidden around L.A. Noire’s beautiful recreation of 1947 Los Angeles are 20 police badges to find and collect. If you can find all 20 of these badges, the dapper Button Man suit will be unlocked which provides extra ammo for all weapons. Each badge also provides 5 additional XP which will help further unlock Intuition Points – special credits that can be used to give Phelps a key investigative insight when you need it most.
- Wal-Mart: “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic Case is a bonus case from the Traffic Desk in which a seemingly run of the mill car theft ends up sparking an explosive investigation into the largest auto fraud racket the city has ever seen. With the stolen cars piling up and questionable characters at every turn, can you help Cole Phelps crack the biggest case so far in his career?
- Target: $5 gift card with pre-orders, Rockstar Games t-shirt with first week purchases
Are you buying? If so, where?