The new MacBook Pros are due for release this week, and it appears that someone has definitely gotten a hold of one to leak its specs and pics.
We’ve heard the stories of mysterious pallets arriving at Apple resellers, and the explicit orders they have not to open them until told otherwise, but it appears that someone just couldn’t wait, and we have the first details of the new 13-inch MacBook Pros.
First up, the rumors that the new laptops would contain Intel’s new Light Peak connections looks to be true. Additionally, the thought that Apple would rename the connection also appear to be correct as logos have appeared on marketing materials for a new type of connection named “Thunderbolt”. It is merely listed as “High-speed I/O” in the picture leaked to Mac4Ever, but it definitely fits in with what we’ve heard.
A picture has also appeared, and been confirmed by MacRumors, of the new Thunderbolt connection that you can see to the right.
Also leaked were the specs of a MacBook Pro 13-inch 2011 refresh:
MacBook Pro 2011 13-inch Specs
- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor; 3 MB shared level 3 cache
- 4 GB of DDR3 1333 MHz
- Hard Drive 320 GB 5400 rpm
- Screen 13.3-inch glossy 1280×800
- Intel Graphics GPU HD 3000 with 384MB of RAM shared with main memory
- Camera HD FaceTime
- Superdrive 8x
- Thunderbolt yet compatible with the I / O devices and high speed MiniDisplayport
- SDXC Card slot, Firewire 800 and two USB 2.0
- Digital Audio Output
- Integrated Ethernet
- Backlit keyboard
- Size and weight 32.5 x22, 7×2, 41 cm, 2.04 kg
Seeing as all of the specs from a 13-inch model, we’re sure the larger ones will have more specs, but we should learn everything officially tomorrow.
What do you think? Worth the wait for the 2011 MacBook Pro refresh?