The big, impending Gears of War 3 news is upon us. Epic and Microsoft have set a release date. The visceral third person shooter is due to launch of Septermber 20th of this year (2011, if you forgot).
The news came this morning through a press release that details the story and some information about the game itself. The story is set immediately after the events of Gears of War 2. The human base, Jacinto, has fallen and Marcus and Dom are left reeling after their tango with the Locust Queen’s henchman. The crew will face new threats to the planet as they continue to fight the Locust horde. Hopefully there’s no lame love trist.
The release goes on to reveal some new items, locales and details about the game.
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!
You have a chance now to get access to the Gears of War 3 beta by purchasing Bulletstorm. An expense that you won’t likely regret.
Stay tuned for more Gears of War 3 information as the September 20, 2011 release date approaches.