With the holidays so close, some may be rushing to pick up some last-minute gifts. Perhaps you’re looking for some tech stocking stuffers to put a smile on your fellow tech-geek’s face.
In this video, I’ll be showing my top 5 last-minute tech stocking stuffers via my TV segment on CP24’s Webnation with Amber MacArthur.
Follow me for more exclusive content: http://twitter.com/winstonsih
1) Philips Ambient LED A19 – $19.99 MSRP
– Available at many local hardware stores – Great eco-friendly gift idea aimed at someone who is looking to greening their home – This bulb is that it’s dimmable while many fluorescents aren’t and fits in regular standard lighting sockets – While pricier than typical incandescents, they last longer. – Available in two wattages, 7 watt/equivalent to 25-watts; 9-watt/equivalent to 40. – These bulbs offer an 80 per cent energy savings over the traditional incandescent versions they replace.
2) PowerMat – $29 MSRP (additional parts sold separately)
– Cordless “Portable Mat” charging system – Charges your devices without a direct wired connection – Charges by induction – Its design makes the device portable and simple to use – Devices supported include iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry, Various Android devices, Nintendo DS, etc.
3) GelaSkins – $15+ MSRP
– You can choose from over 100+ devices – You can choose from over 100+ artists – User-customizable with your own pictures – You can add some life and protection to your gadgets from phones to music players, to laptops to tablets – Purchase online at gelaskins.com or go to one of their few mall kiosks across Toronto.
4) Verbatim Titan XS -$99+ MSRP
– “Industryʼs smallest portable hard drive” – Great for students or those traveling with large hard drive “needs” – Perfect for backing up, syncing files and throwing it in your backpack or purse – Very portable and durable with a shock-resistant rubber enclosure – Comes in various size denominations (320GB, 500GB, 1TB)
5) iTunes Gift Cards
-Available in many denominations – Cheap and affordable – Great for everyone in the family