We’re looking for freelance writers who are very knowledgeable and well-read in the technology (consumer technology, specifically) and social media spaces. These people should be highly reliable, have great communication and be self-motivated. They should also be regular readers of sites like Engadget, Gizmodo, ReadWriteWeb and so on.
You will be writing original tech articles of about 300 words each on TechnoBuffalo.com, a tech website that launched in October 2009. The site prides itself on in-depth analysis of the subjects that impact our readers, so even if it may appear to be a short story, how does it impact the market? Our readers? We welcome you having your own voice in addition to reporting the facts.
We’re looking for people that can be with us long term and grow with the company, which means increases in pay and responsibility as time goes on. Starting pay will be based on experience, quality of work and position that you assume with the company. For the majority of the positions we are looking to fill the posts won’t be time sensitive, so you’ll be able to write all of your posts on Monday, for example, and save them as drafts.
Positions we are currently looking to fill include:
- Breaking News – This will be the only position that is time sensitive and will require you to be available through out the day. You will need to be able to turn out pieces as quickly as possible once news breaks.
- Video Game Specialist – As the title implies, your sole focus will be on video games for all platforms, mobile games, computer and online gaming. Minimum of 20 posts per week.
- Positions three and four are general technology editorials that will do some work on the weekends, but the main focus will be on weekdays. Minimum of 20 posts per week, per writer.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – and do the following:
- Email your resume in PDF form. Subject of email should be “Apply”.
- List which position you are interested in applying for.
- Include two writing samples, ~300 words each, that would bring value to someone that is a tech enthusiast (this can include a how to, an analysis of a recent piece of news, a review, etc)
- Answer this question: What was the name of Apple’s first handheld device? Was it successful? Explain. (For those applying for the video game position, give us a brief history of Apple’s foray into console gaming including its name.)
Want some advice? Check out our series on becoming a professional blogger.
How To Become A Professional Blogger: Part 1 – What Do You Want?
How To Become A Professional Blogger: Part 2 – Finding The Job
How To Become A Professional Blogger: Part 3 – Getting The Job
How To Become A Professional Blogger: Part 4 – Keeping The Job
How To Become A Professional Blogger: Part 5 – Getting Noticed