In one of those, “we all knew it was coming, just make it official already!” kind of moments, Verizon and Samsung have announced the Samsung Galaxy S phone for the largest carrier in the United States as the Samsung Fascinate. However, as opposed to announcing way early and then you have to wait, and wait for it, you’ll be able to pick up this new Android phone tomorrow online, and in Verizon stores on the 9th.
The Fascinate is going to be selling for $199 after a $100 mail-in rebate, and the ubiquitous two-year contract. Your two bills, however, will get you a pretty nice phone, albeit running Android 2.1 as opposed to the newer Froyo 2.2 right out of the box. (We’re pretty confident an update will be in your not too distant future)
- Super AMOLED, capacitive, 4-inch screen running at 480×800
- 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and capable of recording 720P video
- Camera features: Video capture, anti-shake, auto-focus, touch-to-focus, blink and smile trigger, panorama functions
- 3G,EVDO,1xEVDO network support
- MicroSD slot
All pretty standard, but not bad for the price tag.
We’re just curious when they are going to run out of words to put on the same phone. “Did you hear about the new Samsung Obstreperous? It’s sweet!”
What say you? Will you be picking up a Fascinate?