Early yesterday evening USA Today jumped the gun on their piece detailing several unknowns to be announced sometime this week by Microsoft. The most striking: Project Natal officially rebranded as Kinect.
Following a leak from an Italian Microsoft ad, the USA Today piece also detailed a few games coming to the motion tracking hardware. Among them:
- Joyride — Microsoft’s Xbox Avatar racing game that debuted last year at E3 and was playable shortly thereafter.
- Kinect Sports — Bowling, boxing, beach volleyball, soccer, track and field, and table tennis.
- Dance Central — Produced by MTV, think Dance Dance Revolution without the dance mat.
- Kinectimals — Raise and play with over 20 virtual animals.
- Kinect Adventures — An adventure sports games with obstacle courses and river rafting.
- Both Disney and LucasArts are expected to announce their own games for Kinect, one of which includes controller-free lightsaber action.
Confirmed later by Microsoft, the name change is official whether you like it or not. Survey says? Not. Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below.