There’s a way to share paid apps with your friends with the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad. As an example, let’s say your friend has a $5 app that you want. Through this method, you can download it to your device for free (since it’s already been paid for by your friend), and use it. Here’s what to do:
1. Find a friend you trust that has cool apps that you want.
2. Go into Settings, click Store, and log out of your iTunes accounts.
3. Have your friend log into his iTunes account on your iPhone/iPod Touch or iPad.
4. Head to the app store. Find a paid app that your friend has already paid for, and download it. You’ll get a pop up, like the below, stating that since you’ve already paid for the app, you won’t have to do it again.
5. When you’re done downloading apps, go back into Settings and log out of your friend’s iTunes account, and log yourself back in.
Downside here is that you can’t back up the apps to iTunes. Also, app updates won’t work.
Disclaimer: We’re not suggesting that you do this on your Apple product. We’re pointing out a flaw in the App store.