We already had the opportunity to get our mitts on Apple’s 21.5-inch iMac (late 2012), and now we have its bigger brother in the TechnoBuffalo offices. The 27-inch is just as impressively designed, with an immaculate build that’s unrivaled by other all-in-ones. Ever since Apple announced the slimmer iMac, I knew it was going to be my next computer, as spec’d out as I could make it.
This one is configured to 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 3TB Fusion Drive, 32GB of third-party RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB of GDDR5. Everything I’ve ever wanted. Additional specs include a SDXC card slot, 4xUSB 3 ports, 2xThunderbolt ports, and a Gigabit Ethernet. I do a lot of video editing, and I can’t wait to see how this performs.
Check out the full unboxing, and stay tuned for more thoughts on Apple’s new 27-inch iMac.
27-inch iMac Specs:
- Processor: 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz)
- Storage: 3TB Fusion Drive
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Stand depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB of GDDR5
When Apple unveiled its new iMac earlier this year, I was blown away by how incredibly thin the computer looked. It was still the same beautiful machine we’re familiar with, now skinny as a pencil…