Sony has released the best selling PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games for January of 2013. For the PlayStation 3, the top title sold was the charming indie game known as The Unfinished Swan. For the PS Vita, gamers decided to go the route of goofy ant shooting with Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable. How’s that for variety?
These are the top games bought from the PlayStation Store, so they do not include anything consumers purchased at retail.
The PlayStation Blog broke down the top 20 for the PlayStation 3.
- The Unfinished Swan
- LittleBigPlanet Karting
- Earthworm Jim HD
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
- Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
- TOKYO JUNGLE
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Ratchet & Clank
- The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut
- Mass Effect
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- NiGHTS into dreams…
- Modern Combat: Domination
- Jet Set Radio
- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection
- Far Cry 3
- Grand Theft Auto IV
And here are the top 10 PS Vita games for January.
- Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
- Persona 4 Golden
- Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
- Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
- Sound Shapes PS Vita
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita
- Mortal Kombat PS Vita
- Need for Speed Most Wanted PS Vita
- MotorStorm RC PS Vita
- LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
Of course, there’s a little bad news that’s got me salty. Isn’t there always? It’s wonderful that gamers gave Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable a shot. I love that the game is on the top of the PS Vita’s charts. However, it was priced at $40 on the PSN. That’s more than the original version cost when it launched for the Xbox 360 several years ago.
Why is this bad news? Because, the publishers have just learned that they can price their content really high and still expect a nice rate of sale.
Did you buy any of the top ranked games on the PSN last month?