Assassin’s Creed 3 has already come, gone, and is now so 2012. While a fleeting memory to the short-minded of us all, some fans might remember that some serious history bending DLC was due at about this time. The Tyranny of King Washington will be split up over 3 episodes, all of which now have a confirmed release date.
This alternate history version of the America Revolution stars Assassin’s Creed 3‘s fledgling protagonist before being granted his Western name. Seeing as the events leading up to the Revolution never occurred and Connor has no reason to join the Assassins, he remains Ratonhnhaké:ton and must battle to destroy the man who sits on the throne of America, the brutal King George Washington.
However, without the aid of traditional tricks and tools, how can he possibly hope to overthrow the popular victor of a war gone wrong? Well, luckily his native village’s training will kick in as Ratonhnhaké:ton finds himself in control of many abilities he’s never had before, including:
- Power of the Bear – Fills Ratonhnhaké:ton with the strength and fury of the mighty bear.
- Power of the Eagle – Delivers a burst of speed, empowering Ratonhnhaké:ton with blinding agility.
- Power of the Wolf – Adopt the master camouflage of the wolf, rendering Ratonhnhaké:ton undetectable.
- Warpaint – A symbol of power and courage enhancing Ratonhnhaké:ton’s abilities.
- Alpha of the Pack – Command a brotherhood of fearsome and ruthless wolves.
The first episode of DLC, titled The Infamy, will be available February 19th. The following entries, The Betrayal and The Redemption, will be released on March 20th and April 24th respectively. Each will cost $10 (800 MS points) to buy separately or they will all come together in a season pass for $30 (2400 MS Points). The Season Pass includes al other DLC.