Japan isn’t the only country who gets to celebrate 25 years for the world’s most popular RPG series. Starting tomorrow, each Final Fantasy game available through the PlayStation Store will be knocked down 50 percent for the next two weeks.
Every game in the main series, with the exception of the Final Fantasy III remake for PSP, can be downloaded through PSN. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and the Dissidia fighting spin-offs will also fall under the sale’s umbrella. The entire list of games includes:
- DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
- DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
- FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
- Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
- Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
- FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
- Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
- Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
- Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
- Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
- Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)
While I already own most of these games in physical form, I can’t play Final Fantasy IX through my PlayStation 3 yet. Perhaps it’s time to finally give it a spin again. I haven’t played it since launch, and I remember it being ridiculously fun until the very end. Any fans want to tell me how I played the 4th CD wrong?
At any rate, while Square Enix continues to soul search and give its series a lasting viable face for the new age, it’s great to know that they can always cash in on the series’ rich history to fill in the gaps of creativity they often fall in these days.