Being entirely honest with everyone, I need to say that I liked Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 way more than I thought I would. The multiplayer is some of the most fun I’ve had playing a game online. In the background of the multiplayer menus, a map of earth rotates, populated with orange dots indicating where people are playing the game. America, of course, is lit up from end to end. Weird, random, spots can be seen in India, Africa, and Russia as well. What really surprised me, though, was how well-lit Japan was.
Media Create’s Japanese game sales numbers for this week came out, and it’s clear why that map is so well lit, just looking at the numbers.
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 213,414 (1,106,758)
- [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Square Enix, 11/22/12) – 197,350 (New)
- [3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magna Gate and the Infinity Labyrinth(Pokemon, 11/22/12) – 121,480 (New)
- [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (SCEJ, 11/22/12) – 100,862 (New)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 34,971 (1,420,184)
-  Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Square Enix, 11/22/12) – 22,177 (New)