Released a little under a year ago, Sprint’s Motorola PHOTON 4G is arguably one of the carrier’s most supported devices. Boasting a laundry list of software updates since its release, PHOTON owners are still patiently waiting for their serving of Ice cream Sandwich. Yet again, Sprint today has issued another software update for the PHOTON, which brings several, welcomed fixes but still lacks the cool refreshing goodness that is Ice Cream Sandwich.
PHOTON owners we feel your pain, but in the meantime it’s definitely good to see Sprint still supporting one of last year’s popular handsets. Check out the changelog below.
- More easily import contacts from SD card.
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone – minimizes occasional skips or repeats.
- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.
- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.