Be sure to bookmark this page and come back here on Wednesday March 7 at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/6 PM GMT for our iPad 3 live blog. You’ll be able to chat with others as the event goes on in the chat room provided, so be sure to hang out and read along as we bring you all the info on the next version of the iPad!
As CoverItLive has apparently crashed, we’re going old school.
– TV Shows and Movies on the iTunes Store will now come in 1080P
– Apple TV has been refreshed with a new streamlined user interface, but physically the same.
– Eddie Cue has taken the stage.
– TV Shows will go up up the day after they air and will have iTunes Match support.
– PhotoStream support: Take a picture on your iPhone and it will show up on your Apple TV automatically.
– Movies will now have Genius support.
– Tim Cook back on stage, $99 for the new Apple TV. In stores next week, but you can order today.
– iPad up next.
– 15.4 million iPads in the last quarter, more than any PC manufacturer sold in the last quarter.
– Taking some swipes at Android apps right now
– New iPad on screen, no name yet.
– Phil is up on stage.
– Retina display confirmed.
– “Until you see it you can’t understand how amazing it is.”
– Comparing old and new screens right now.
– 2048 x 1536, 3.1 million pixels
– 264 ppi (pixels per inch)
– Expected to be held 15-inches away, 40% better color saturation than before.
– A5X processor, X is for quad-core graphics. Four times the performance.
– A5X offers four times the performance compared to the NVIDIA Tegra 3
– iSight camera up next.
– Adopting the optics system from the iPhone 4S.
– Auto-focus, auto-exposure, auto-face detection, 5-megapixel sensor, backside illumination, five element lens.
– 1080p video recording.
– New key on the bottom with a microphone. Tap it and you can speak to your iPad.
– 4G LTE confirmed.
– Also supports HSPA+, so basically has both old and new 4G on-board.
– Comparing AT&T and Verizon LTE.
– AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, Bell and Telus will be LTE partners.
– In the U.S., separate versions confirmed for AT&T and Verizon, all will be 3G world ready and can also be used as a person hotspot.
– Still 10 hours of battery life, 9 hours on 4G.
– 9.4mm thick, 1.4 lbs
– $499 for 16GB Wi-Fi, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB. LTE prices run $629, $729 and $829 for the same sizes.
– Available on March 16. Pre-Orders start today.
– U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. More countries added on the 23rd.
– Game demo time.
– And now a demo of Autodesk … guess they need to prove you can use the iPad for work as well.
– And right back to games with Epic Games now on stage.
– Be sure to check out all of the summary posts going live right now for more in-depth coverage.
– Saying that the new iPad has more memory and higher screen resolution than an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.
– iMovie is also getting an update.
– iMovie and Grange Band updates rolling out today.
– Now introducing iPhoto for the iPad.
– New effects, new gestures, multi-touch editing and you can beam photos directly between devices.
– While they continue to show off iPhoto, be sure to check out the other great posts going up right now from the rest of the staff.
– iPhoto … still going.
– Want to know what the weather in the location where you took a picture? The map will show you that thanks to geo-tags.
– iPhoto will cost you $4.99 and is available today.
– Still showing the video, only referring to it as a third generation iPad, no iPad 3 or HD mentioned as of yet.
– iPad 2 will continue on sale at $399 for 16GB Wi-Fi model. Wi-Fi + 3G will sell for $529. No sizes other than 16GB.
– Apparently is is just called “The New iPad” … how very un-Apple.
– Wrapping up, talking about a lot to look forward to in 2012.
– That’s it folks, stay tuned for lots of coverage!